Designing decks in the modern era with all of the various products available is much different than it was 15 years ago when the material options were much more limited. In the past, the designers really only had to ask “pressure treated or cedar” to determine the decking preference of the client.
Fasteners consisted of galvanized nails and yellow deck screws. Railing options were limited to wood railing with straight spindles or turned spindles. Screen selection boiled down to “open or closed lattice” or solid wood panels. Deck lights consisted of tacky oversized lights that were generally installed by the customer after the deck was built. Overhead structures involved simple pergolas and solid roofs.
Table of Contents
- Materials: Capped Composites, PVC and PVC with ASA
- Colours: Deck Designers Dream
- Fasteners: Designed to Work with Composite Materials
- Railings: More Glass, Seamless, Open Look
- Privacy Screens: Limited Only by the Designers Imagination
- Deck Lights: Becoming Mandatory for Outdoor Steps
- Roof Structures: Control Shading for Outdoor Space
- Unique Features: Reflect the Personality of the Home Owner
- Useful Links
- Transform Homes & Yards with The Deck Store